Periodically, I'll create random mental and physical challenges
designed (or not designed?) to create change within
This post is an attempt to catalog several challenges
and some of the memories from each.
I started doing some intermittent and even a couple longer
fasts this year. I also tried the keto diet for a while.
My brother JP challenged me to a 100 squat per day challenge
in September which snowballed into a few more months of random
challenges with the goal being 100 reps of some exercise per
Each day, we'd text an iMessage thread with a timelapse video
of us doing our exercise.
September: 100 squats/day
October: 100 push-ups/day
November: 100 sit-ups/day
- ✔️ Eat zero French fries
- ✔️ Pay off truck (don't buy a new car, worst financial decision)
- ✖️ 1300 MEPS (Myzone Effort Points) per month
- (37/40) 40 books
- ✖️ Remove PMI from rental mortgage
- (49/30) 30 books
- (38/30) 30 books
- January – No TV (including youtube/netflix/hulu/streaming/video)
- February – No Facebook
- March – No Alcohol
- April – Only buy food/gas (not things, no clothes, toys, tools, games, furniture etc.)
- May – Run every single day
- June – Swim every single day
- July - No Coffee
- August – No Sugar
- September – No eating out
- October – No Meat
- November – Wake up and get out of bed before 6AM every day
- December – Give away something or donate money every day
- 30 books.
- 24 blog posts.
Run 210 miles.